New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alan

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  22:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I'm using OkMap 10.12.0 on Windows 7 64 bit. I use the "Utilities" -> "Map tiling/ Garmin custom maps", "Tiling" tab to generate KMZ files (jpeg image format) from Geo-Tiffs.

Normally, I don't change the default settings as OkMap produces the kmz file with tiles < 1MP. Occasionally, I wish to deliberately reduce the kmz file size by adjusting the "Resize Image Filter" slider to less than 100% (say 75%).

The problem is the "Resize Image Filter" slider on the "Tiling" tab doesn't actually work! I adjust the slider to say, %75 and the values shown for tile image pixel dimensions change (reduce). I then generate the KMZ file using these settings.

If I inspect an actual jpeg image file within the generated KMZ archive (using an image editor), the pixel dimensions are NOT the reduced size i.e. they are generated as if the slider was set to 100%.

What I found is that the "Tiling" tab is actually using the image size slider on the "Resize" tab. If I change to the "Resize" tab, change its resize slider and then switch back to the "Tiling" tab and generate the KMZ file, the jpeg image is to the reduced pixel dimensions.

Thanks

Alan

I ho

Alan

okmap

Italy
2565 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2014 :  09:53:06  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Alan,
thanks for reporting.
I'll investigate as soon as possible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
OkMap forum © 2018 OkMap Go To Top Of Page