Calibrating Maps with Swiss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BlackForest

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2012 :  12:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After several hours with the trial & error method I finally figured out how to calibrate Swiss Topo maps with the Swiss New Grid. The OKMap program has a tremendous variety on presettings under Utilities/Preferences. But nowhere I could find a presetting for "CH1903+ (Switzerland) under "Map Calibration". For each new calibration I have to change the "Map setup" from the default "World Geodetic 1984" to my desired format. Also, the program keeps changing the UTM Zone to 30 or something else, when all I want is "32N". Is there a way to change the Preferences (presettings) a)Map set up to "CH1903+" b) UTM to "32N" c)Grid set to "Swiss New Grid"?

okmap

Italy
2566 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2012 :  14:11:02  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When you calibrate a new map you can choose "Swiss New Grid" or "Landesvemessung 1995 (Swiss)" in "Select projection and datum presets" after pressing Map setup button.
This is the only choosing you must make when you calibrate a new raster map unless you want to input a customized projection.
If OkMap changes your UTM zone from 32N to something else means that your metric coordinate aren't in the appropiate range.
May be you metric ccordinates aren't UTM but hotine oblique mercator coordinates.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
OkMap forum © 2018 OkMap Go To Top Of Page