Crop bugs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marr

Switzerland
4 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  20:34:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Crop" (Menu: Utilities / Map tiling) has some errors.
1. This menu has a pulldown "Image format", but what ever I set, always results in a JPG-file with quality 75. Also when I set quality to 100 (or 30), the result is a JPG-75-file.
2. When I draw a rectangle exceeding the right-bottom corner of the image, the corner of the rectangle is correctly set back to the corner (and not over it), but when I exceed the left-top corner a little, the result are crazy numbers like 2500 - 2300. It should be set to 0 - 0.
3. Not a error, but it would be fine to be able to set left-top corner and image size by numbers and not only by cursor. The cursor jumps over some digits, and for several maps with a large white border we pixel-exactly know the position of the corners. Drawing with mouse, the actual position of the cursor is not shown, only the start-position.

marr

Switzerland
4 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  11:43:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correction of point 2: Beginning to draw with left-top corner and going out of the map with the cursor, the corner is set correctly to the margin. Beginning with the right-bottom corner and ending with the left-top, the numbers at "left-Top" are the "right-Bottom"-coordinates. Ending outside the map with the cursor, "Image Size" is bigger than the original and there is an error when saving.

Edited by - marr on 03/07/2012 11:44:37
Go to Top of Page

okmap

Italy
2563 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  16:36:29  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As soon as possible I'll do some test and I'll fix bugs.
Thanks for reporting.
Go to Top of Page

marr

Switzerland
4 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2012 :  20:24:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, in V 10.7.4 points 2 & 3 are super. But the cropped or resized maps still are saved only in JPG 75%, what ever I choose (BMP, GNG, TIF or JPG 100%). I prefer TIF because every crop, resize and save produces new bloc-artefacts in JPG 75%. Only the final production of a maps should make a JPG 75%.
Go to Top of Page

okmap

Italy
2563 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2012 :  10:36:09  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've found the bug. Next release you'll find it fixed.
Thank for reporting.
Go to Top of Page

okmap

Italy
2563 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2012 :  14:15:19  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please try the new OkMap version 10.7.5.
Bug should be fixed.
Go to Top of Page

faceimage

Andorra
2 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2014 :  05:20:28  Show Profile  Visit faceimage's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks i will have a try. i prefer to have different image formats get 100% quality as well with some image program. i know okmap use FreeImage to resize and crop image, looking forward for this version.

Edited by - faceimage on 23/04/2014 05:24:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
OkMap forum © 2018 OkMap Go To Top Of Page