New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FiftyTwo

Switzerland
4 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2016 :  14:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
I am wondering whether it is possible to download italian IGM maps 1:25000 to use them offline on OkMap Mobile on the iPhone.
Unfortunately I do not speak Italian. I saw you have some Italian Topics about IGM maps.
I managed to install OkMap on the iPhone and install the maps by WMS-link. I live in Switzerland and therefore I cannot test it (GPS works, but IGM does not cover Switzerland ;-)
Soon I travel to the Aosta valley and would like to use OkMap Mobile with the IGM maps there.
If Geoportale Nazionale doees not allow downloads of IGM maps: Is there another way to install a section of it on OkMap mobile?
Thanks for any hints
FiftyTwo

okmap

Italy
2566 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2016 :  17:40:02  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately the IGM maps are copyrighted and they are sold.
What you can do is to buy the tablets that you need in digital format (with world file or in Geotiff if available), load them in OkMap Desktop and create the KMZ for OkMap Mobile.
Alternatively buy a tourist map Kompass or Tabacco (if available for the zone) georeference it and create the KMZ with OkMap Desktop.
Gian Paolo
Go to Top of Page

FiftyTwo

Switzerland
4 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2016 :  19:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot! I scanned a paper map of IGM and georeferenced it with the help of your YouTube-Video. Even as a layman I managed to do that. It works great. OkMap and OKMap Mobile are nice programs!
Go to Top of Page

okmap

Italy
2566 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2016 :  09:25:31  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
OkMap forum © 2018 OkMap Go To Top Of Page