New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

adolfo

Chile
1 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2013 :  15:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi;
I have a large .ecw file for a georeferentiated collage of low flying aircraft runs over a wilderness area. If I set the units to UTM and then I import location points from Google Earth KMZ“s to OKmap, the locations are accurate, they match.

The problem I have is that at the bottom of the screen where the UTM location is displayed I have two sets of the same UTM location for the cursor, but no altitude.

Thus I cant tell whether I did something wrong in the setup, or the .ecw file is faulty and does not contain the altitude data, or there is somethingw wrong with the software.

Any help will be much appeciated

http://imageshack.com/a/img203/4783/jwl2.jpg

Allegato : sample.zip#9;85,82 KB

Adolfo

okmap

Italy
2581 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2013 :  17:36:08  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Use menu "Utilities - Preferences" and go to General page.
Set coordinates to "Decimal degrees". This will set the first coordinates in status bar. The second coordinates are set always to alternative projection of the map (if your alternative projection is UTM they will be same value as UTM).
To display altitude you should download DEM data files.
Use menu DEM - Download DEM files. Check that all data files are already downloaded (green) otherwise press download button.
ECW map doesn't contain any altitude data.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
OkMap forum © 2018 OkMap Go To Top Of Page