New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Yesfir_44

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2024 :  17:00:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey folks,

I just started using OkMap and I'm running into a bit of a wall with GPX files. I followed the user guide to a tee, but for some reason, OkMap isn't budging. It keeps throwing an error message about the file format not being compatible.

Here's what I've done so far:

Snagged a GPX file from an online map service.
Double-checked that the file extension is definitely .gpx (no sneaky mix-ups there).
Tried using the "Open" function in OkMap to import the file.
At this point, I'm wondering if I missed a step somewhere, or maybe OkMap has some specific requirements for GPX files that I'm not aware of. Anyone else faced this before? Any pointers or tricks would be a lifesaver!

Thanks in advance for the assist!

Regards

okmap

Italy
2636 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2024 :  18:10:06  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
please send me (info@okmap.org) your GPX file so I can test it.
Go to Top of Page

ropeafraid

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2024 :  04:10:31  Show Profile  Visit ropeafraid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It sounds like you’ve taken the correct steps, but there may be a few things worth checking to resolve the GPX import issue in OkMap:

1. Check GPX Version: Ensure the GPX file is using a compatible version (GPX 1.0 or GPX 1.1). Sometimes, GPX files from different services may have formatting variations that OkMap might not handle well.

2. Validate the GPX File: Use a GPX validation tool like GPX Validator to check if the file structure is correct. Some services might create non-standard GPX files, and the validator could help identify issues.

3. Re-save the GPX File: If possible, open the GPX file in another software (e.g., Garmin BaseCamp, GPSBabel) and save or export it again as a new GPX file. This can sometimes resolve compatibility issues by standardizing the format.

4. Review GPX Content: Open the GPX file in a text editor to ensure it’s not empty or corrupted. Look for common GPX elements like `<trk>`, `<trkseg>`, and `<wpt>` to confirm it's structured properly.

If none of this helps, could you share the specific error message OkMap throws? That might provide more clues.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
OkMap forum © 2018 OkMap Go To Top Of Page