OkMap forum
OkMap forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 OkMap Forum - English
 Errors reporting
 Tool distance

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert image on imageshack.us
 Insert small zipped file as attachment (< 500 Kb)

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gotand Posted - 08/10/2015 : 17:20:18
The target of this posting: Distance tool and the tool tip massage box (the one in yellow) with leg distance, total distance, and direction.

The issue: The text (numbers) is partly out of border (see image).
I have tested with different screen resolutions (I normally use 1920 × 1200 ).

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/6342/NHqH8j.jpg

G-SE
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
okmap Posted - 09/10/2015 : 18:44:21
I'll try to fix the issue in the next version of OkMap.
I'll introduce the calculation of character size in pixel to fit them in the yellow box.
But I'm not sure that framework considers the increment set in the control panel. I'll do some tests.
There are other features in OkMap affected by this issue?
gotand Posted - 09/10/2015 : 18:08:32
quote:
Originally posted by okmap

Ok, thank you for information about high resolutions.
Sorry but I haven't understood if, setting exception, OkMap works fine or not.

No, no warnings (other tan the change will not take effect until you log on next time).

125% (120dpi) is the default settings in my windows 7 in control panel.
Tried to change to 100% and logged out and then changed back again with OK map running, no warnings.

As usual there are three options in control panel 100% 125% and 150%.
Windows has marked the 125% option with a "(default)" behind the "125%".

During installation when installing Windows with a high resolution display, and a suitable driver present, this will be the case.
With low resolution display when installing, the 100% option will be marked with "(default)". And with a ultra high resolution the "150%" will be marked.

I have also tried to bypass the global scaling feature by setting an exception. This had no effect of the problem.
But only for the executable OkMap in program/OkMap/bin folder (compatibility settings set to: “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.” )

With the settings at 100% OkMap works fine with 125%, numbers are out of boarders.
The problem is that I have a 17" display with high resolution (1920 × 1200) and need 125% settings.
In order to use 100% I must log of and then log in again, and to change back to 125% I must do the same again.

I have a Windows 7 professional, service pack 1, 64 Bit,
Hardware: HP EliteBook 8740w (with 1920 × 1200 display).

Reference:
How to make the Windows desktop look good on high-DPI displays (bypass global scaling):
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2098586/how-to-make-the-windows-desktop-look-good-on-high-dpi-displays.html
okmap Posted - 09/10/2015 : 17:40:38
Ok, thank you for information about high resolutions.
Sorry but I haven't understood if, setting exception, OkMap works fine or not.
okmap Posted - 09/10/2015 : 07:31:35
When you set characters size to 125% does Windows show a warning that says that some elements may not be displayed?
gotand Posted - 08/10/2015 : 20:37:39
quote:
Originally posted by okmap

Hello Gotand,
have you changed your default characters size in control panel from 100% to (i.e.) 125%?
I've tested with 100% and all is ok but with 125% text numbers in distance tool are partly out of borders.
Try to restore characters size to default 100%.
Gian Paolo

I have default characters size 125%, at my resolution (1920x1200) this is the standard settings in windows 7.
Restoring characters size to 100% fix the problem, but introduced the problem not able to use 125% default characters size.
okmap Posted - 08/10/2015 : 17:54:00
Hello Gotand,
have you changed your default characters size in control panel from 100% to (i.e.) 125%?
I've tested with 100% and all is ok but with 125% text numbers in distance tool are partly out of borders.
Try to restore characters size to default 100%.
Gian Paolo

OkMap forum © 2018 OkMap Go To Top Of Page