OkMap forum
OkMap forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 OkMap Forum - English
 Errors reporting
 OkMap doesnt work with my GPS receiver

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert image on imageshack.us
 Insert small zipped file as attachment (< 500 Kb)

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dalent Posted - 26/01/2014 : 18:26:12
In preferences I can choose some brands of gps, I was trying to use all of them (some options freeze application), no one works with my Holux M-1000 through bluetooth port.
"MiniGPS Lite for PC" can work without problems, PC-Navigator 12 and other applications too, OkMap cant work, pls fix this.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
okmap Posted - 24/07/2014 : 17:18:25
As I've said in the last reply you should use a simple file trasfer to copy gpx files from/to your computer to/from your GPS.
The purpose of that function is only for old GPS devices (as eTrex vista).
phil Posted - 24/07/2014 : 15:55:01
Dear OkMap, I have a new Garmin GPSMap 62s and am trying out the OkMap software. I can see and use the GPS file system when connected to Windows7 with USB. I have set OkMap Preferences->GPS to Garmin/USB. However when I try and receive data from the GPS I get an error in a "GpsBabel info" window saying "whatever:Unknown direction 'OutputFromUnit'" (see attached image). Can you help fix this problem?

Allegato : Garmin_62s_error.png#9;13.38 KB

Phil
okmap Posted - 26/01/2014 : 19:05:23
The purpose of GPS preference page is select the type of GPS to trasfer (from and to) waypoints, routes and tracks data via their own protocols.
This procedure is normally used with old GPS devices that are not able to save data in GPX format (in recent GPS devices GPX files can be trasfered from and to PC via a normal USB connection; GPS behaves as an external mass storage device).
To use a GPS to navigate via NMEA sentences please refer to NMEA preferences page.
All GPS that have an USB connection will be seen through a serial communication port.

OkMap forum © 2018 OkMap Go To Top Of Page